Disappearing Vertices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappearing Vertices

Anyone encounter them on win7 3dsmax 2011 x64 on a 480? I tried reverting to older nVidia drivers and that didn't work. I tried using DirectX 10 and that made them super big (and unadjustable.)

OpenGL seemed to work but that was super slow.
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Happens to me all the time, sometimes it's because "Show End Result" is turned on, try turning that off and see if it fixes it.

If that doesn't I usually adjust my vertice size in "Preferences" up one bigger, and then turn it back to default.
    Colin Senner

Comment

What a pain in the ass lol... Thanks. I'll try it. I think we both would prefer a much more permanent workaround. I didn't have this issue as much with 2010 so I think it's somewhat related to the software, and less the driver in this instance.

Comment

I have nothing but issues with my nVidia display drivers. You would think someone would make a video card that worked well with one of the industry leading applications.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I really think they do it intentionally thinking that people like us will go out and buy Quadros - which we do. Anyone else remember the Softquadro RivaTuner hack that came out for the 8800 - soft modded your card into a flow blown Quadro? Instant $5,000 card? It worked great! nVidia caught on and nuked that for their next generation of releases...

I think I have found a temporary fix for this piece of poo regarding the disappearing vertices. Doesn't matter what driver you have - just turn off hardware shading before you even start doing anything and the vertices are there again... go figure.

Comment

I usually work in one viewport, and when this happens I just click the divide viewport button and activate another viewport and they come back.
            Ben Steinert
            pb2ae.com

Comment

Working...
            X