Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Material change and render automation

Is there a way to do this ?

Say I have 100 different colours/fabrics. Is there a way I can apply the different fabrics to the model (from a chosen folder for example) and then render each scene with a specific name and folder ? Maybe a script ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Can you use the morpher for this? it's got a material which can be linked to the object, so each morph state on the object could just be a material switch each frame. There are a few scripts to do with morphers and animation on script spot, one of them might be able to automate switching between states each frame.

I have no idea if this will work, i've never actually done it. Just intended to test it ages ago.

Comment

I think this process would still have me manually setting up all the textures and fabrics from within max. Really I need to have max run through a series of textures from within a folder, load into a specified material slot and then render out. I think this definately sounds like a scripting solution. I'll check scriptpot.
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

are you rendering from static cameras?
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yes, one lighting situation and a static camera. Just stills.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

why dont you rename then maps to be fabric_001.jpg them and load them as an image sequence?
            That way you can render them out through backburner easily
            Chris Jackson
            Shiftmedia
            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Thats a good idea!! I didnt know 3dsmax could load image sequences...never tried to do that before. Thankyou so much !
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Your welcome!
                Chris Jackson
                Shiftmedia
                www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Yeah. Been possible since DOS days and I still use IFLs now and then.

Comment

Working...
                  X