sketchup 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sketchup 8

max 2011 only imports sketchup up to version 7. Any suggetsions on getting a version 8 native format into max 2011?
    mh

if you don't find it...in SU you can save it down to 7 if you want.
    show me the money!!

Comment

Yeah that's what i've been doing - open in 8 and save to 7.

Comment

waiting for Autodesk to do it quickly is asking too much...this is why I prefer to export SU to max by material, if you keep the same name material between both applications, re-applying them takes one click...importing directly into max is not a smart move in my opinion.

Fernando
        Last edited by flino2004; 22-12-2010, 06:54 AM.
        show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
          waiting for Autodesk to do it quickly is asking too much...this is why I prefer to export SU to max by material, if you keep the same name material between both applications, re-applying them takes one click...importing directly into max is not a smart move in my opinion.

Fernando
          The models that i have recieved that have been exported by material sometimes come in with materials erroneously assigned to large sections of the model. i was hoping that bringing in the native SU would solve that.
          mh

Comment

maybe some faces have two different materials(front and back face)
            they should be the same or default back face material. very common mistake by the way
            there is a ruby script to paint back faces.

Fernando
            show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
            X