Vue 9 and 3dsmax 2011 and vray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vue 9 and 3dsmax 2011 and vray

Is anyone using Vue 9 wit the above ? I cant seem to get a damn thing to render !! Just a blank screen whenever I load in a vue atmosphere preset and then try to render it. It worked ok with vue 8....
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

I am using the above combo so it is possible. I don't recall doing anything special to get it all to work.
    Steve Burke
    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

I think it may be necessary to manually add the xstreamVRay atmosphere effect to your scene. It's supposed to happen automatically but doesn't.
      Steve Burke
      www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Yeah, the xtreme effect is added...its just rendering white. I'll try a complete re-install of everything again.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Are you using the latest version of vray 2.0.0.2 ? or the first release of vray 2.0.

Ive tested this after installing it for max 2010 and it does exactly the same thing..just renders white.
          Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Sorry, the original post didn't include a Vray version number. I am using VRay 1.5 so maybe Vray 2 is what breaks the max, vray, vue combo.
            Steve Burke
            www.burkestudios.com

Comment

I had no problems with max 2010 and vray 1.5 with vue 8 xtreme so maybe the vray 2.0 is the problem..or at least the compatability with it from the vue side of things. Although saying that, some people are having problems, some aren't.
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Upgraded to VRay 2 and now I have the same problem. Vue environments no longer work inside of max. Did you ever find a solution?
                Steve Burke
                www.burkestudios.com

Comment

I havent had the chance to test it recently. I know that I could get the sky to render ok after using the 9005575 update. You will need to use a vray physical cam and make sure the gammas are set to the same in both vray/max and vue. The latest beta doesnt have the xtreme max plugin so is kind of pointless for testing at the moment.
                  Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I just got back from the Vue site and the xstream plugins now have their own installer so you can install the xstream stuff and then install the latest Vue beta on top of that. It looks like it's all working fine for me now using the latest beta.
                    Steve Burke
                    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Working...
                    X