how to fill bottle with pills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fill bottle with pills

I got model of bottle and pill, is there anyway to fill it up with pills without using reactor or some other simulator?
    I tried reactor but pills doesn't land precisely on the bottom of the bottle there is always space.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Might be worth either making a dummy bottle to collide with and put a push operator on it with enough of a value to push the pills back in. Do you need a smaller collision tolerance or more subsamples in reactor?

Comment

Particle... Easy quick and it work...
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

hmmm I tried particle cloud and set bottle to fill it with particels and then use instanced geometry for pill but the problem is... geometry is penetrating each other. I tried physx is faster than reactor (300) pills kills my machine. But alo with physx no way to get rid of penetration.
        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

um, thats weird... did u try adding modifier ''keep apart'' ? If I'm not wrong with naming...
          CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

all is messed up: (keep apart and still they are penetrating, plus won't stay inside the cup...
            They seem not to pile on top of each other but just drop totally at the bottom of the cup.

Last edited by lukx; 19-02-2011, 03:15 PM.
            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Keep apart uses a pretty simple sphere radius around the particle to check distance so it ain't great. If it's only for a model I'd be inclined to make a smaller or larger bottle depending on whether the pills were too close or too far from the bottle with reactor - use a push with the distance of the gap between the pills and your bottle surface and it should behave.

Comment

As for reactor causing a "space" between the bottle and the pills, check your precision settings and the collision distance in the reactor rollout. Adjust the world scale (1 max unit = x reactor units) as well as the collision distance to a meaningful value and it should work (in your case you can just try lowering the collision distance as it should be pretty exactly the distance between the bottle and the pills)

Regards,
                Thorsten

Comment

just a quick reactor test
                  www.elfpro3d.com/Misc/ha.avi

---------------------------------------------------
                  MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                  stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hmm.. can't open movie file with any codec. The number of pills (300) is really killing my machine...
                    Luke Szeflinski

Comment

I manged to work out this reactor but another problem... after longer time of simulation pills starting to disappear, so now way to fill up the bottle :

Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Reactor Seems to me a very difficult plugin to use....almost everytime I have used it I would get frustrated.

Then I started using RayFire which uses PhysX from Nvidia.
                        Now I have fun with physics instead of spending time wondering why it doesn't work!
                        +1 vote for RAYFIRE
                        -1 vote for reactor

Cheers

Comment

sorry. think it rendered as indeo 5 codec. here is again
                          www.elfpro3d.com/Misc/ha.wmv

---------------------------------------------------
                          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hey Lukx,

I had aquick test with Rayfire [Phys-X] & have saved you a max file with 450 approx pills sitting nicely in a bottle. [Just let me know if you want me to email the max file.]

It took me 2 mins to set up the whole thing in Rayfire [with PhysX] & it was processing the 450 objects in almost realtime [with 15 sub-steps per frame.]

Rayfire with PhysX makes doing 3d physics so damn simple that's it's within the realm of almost anyone to acomplish some pretty cool physics stuff without knowing much at all.

Hey...if I can do it...anyone can...lol

Cheers
                            Jamie

Note** I think that Rayfire is also very good value for money for such awesome software...[Approx $300 US]
                            PS. I have no affiliation with Rayfire.....I just like helping others when it comes to knowing which software is good value....& I'll just as soon give a bad wrap to bad software [Such as one I just bought recently ..Cebus - Volume Breaker!]

Comment

I tried with RayFire , WORKS PERFECTLY !!!
                              Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Working...
                              X