Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 2011 once a month error - Time for icons to go

Hi all

So about once a month, when starting Max, I get some or other error about some script failling, then when max opens, half my icons are missing. Then I have to reload my default settings and go from there.

Annoying.

No point to this thread, just thought I'd share
    Last edited by Morne; 24-02-2011, 02:56 AM.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I am facing same issue.. my 3ds max ribbon is corrupt, as soon as i try touchin it hangs my max, no option other thn Ctrl ALt Del to kill max n restart application. Even my file menu shows junk characters as if fonts are missing for the same.. i can use max only after disabling ribbon & using classic menu
    Prateek Vishwa
    sigpic
    www.prateekvishwa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PVDS/161239543925007

Comment

Hi,

Is this the error you are getting...

'Error parsing xaml file: root element missing'

If so, I found a solution on the web, as it was driving me insane!

Find file MaxManaged.xaml, at path: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\3dsmax\2011 - 64bit\enu\UI
      The file will be zero bytes - for some reason corrupt - fortunately there still is a “MaxManaged.xaml.backup” with about 1.5 MB
      Rename the backup file back to “MaxManaged.xaml” (not without to make another backup of the file - just to be on the safe side)

Hope this helps, if its not the same error then apologies for jumping in on your thread!

Mike
      Cheers, Michael.

Comment

Working...
      X