No announcement yet.

Adding notes to Max's slate editor...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding notes to Max's slate editor...?

Finally upgrading from max 2009 to 2011, and I am loving this new slate editor. Besides feeling a bit late to the game, I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to add notes to the nodal diagram like you can in nuke? Anyone have some script or plugin or something...?
    David M. Foster

Here at work we are trying to refine our material library. It is not uncommon for any given material to be used by one person, but created 6 months ago by another. So it seems like it would be nice if there was a way we could add annotation nodes to describe what certain controllers and sub-materials do in complex materials...

Right now we often add a description of the operation within the map or material name, but it just seems that now that there's a nodal view this should be intergrated into max.

Do others agree...? anyone else face this problem...?
    David M. Foster

Comment

+1 This would be very helpful. I actually tend to do this using Evernote and some screen caps when things get complex, but it would be nice to have something integrated.

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

I know this really should be a request for Max, not Vray; but these days, I have a lot more faith in Chaos group listening to their users than Autodesk, so I wonder if there was a way Vlado could make a 'note node' that could interact with Vray materials and maps..? I'm not sure how possible that would be, but it sure would be handy.

For now I'll look into Evernote. Thanks Brett, I hadn't heard of it before.
        David M. Foster

Comment

Autodesk is collecting user feedback / requests using uservoice. Make sure to add your wish and other people will be able comment / rank it too.

http://autodesk.uservoice.com/forums...eaturerequests
          Christopher Grant
          Director of Visualization, HMC Architects
          Portfolio, ChristopherGrant.com

Comment

Cool. Just posted it as a suggestion. I'll look forward to seeing it in a future release.

If anyone cares to vote for it, they can find it here:

https://autodesk.uservoice.com/forum...-to-materials-
            David M. Foster

Comment

Working...
            X