Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to place particles based on black and white bitmap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to place particles based on black and white bitmap ?

Does anyone know how I can make particle flow to place particles based on painted black and white map?
    I can't find any operator that would allow me to do that. Let's say I want particles to be placed on object but only in spots where I painted the texture.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

Make an object you want your particles on and give it a material with a black and white map in the diffuse slot. Add a position object operator to particles flow, pick your object, and turn on density by material. You might need to manually delete some particles if it makes some mistakes. Go into the particle sub object mode of the pflow icon, select the particles you don't like and add in a delete operator set to delete selected.

Comment

hmm i if i understand you right, check the "birth texture operator"

Comment

I also tried particle paint helper... but I can't make particle flow to take it into account and show particles where I painted them.
        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

no idea why it's not working
          Luke Szeflinski

Comment

cant remeber if you need to but does ticking " if location is invalid - delete particle" help?

Comment

I know why it wasn't working.... you have to use standard max material... I was using vray

Now would love to figure out how to make particle paint helper work.
              Luke Szeflinski

Comment

aaaaaah, god, lukx you just made my day

Comment

If u want to use particle brush u need to be in orthographic view... perspective is not working... GL
                  CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
                  X