Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you camera correct vertical lines for commercial INTERIORS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you camera correct vertical lines for commercial INTERIORS?

Hi all

As the title says. It's common practice to straighten vertical lines for exteriors. Well that depends on the style you going for, but mostly they are straight.

The question is, would you also do it for interiors? It can look very strange if you do, if you don't, compositing people can be an issue?

So would you, or wouldnt you?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I usually do a bit of correction, but not full correction. It depends on your camera, a camera at eye level needs very little correction. Don't correct a ceiling camera that's looking down
    Colin Senner

Comment

I wouldn't. 90% of the times I keep the target at the camera level, and if I need an angle where lines end up not being parallel, that's usually an aesthetic choice. so well, I wouldn't correct them afterwards..

Comment

I think its just a matter of what you think looks best. No fixed rules really. If you straighten verticals too much in post, you can end up with too much sky and not enough ground which leads to an unbalanced composition. A slight convergence of verticals can alleviate these problems.
        Kind Regards,
        Richard Birket
        ----------------------------------->
        http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Comment

Originally posted by tricky View Post
          If you straighten verticals too much in post, you can end up with too much sky and not enough ground which leads to an unbalanced composition. A slight convergence of verticals can alleviate these problems.
          Agreed. I usually click the guess vert. button and then cut the automatic value by a half or a third (e.g., a auto value of 1 I'll change to .5 or .75). Most of the work I do maxes out at 8-10 floors and it works great for that - for a true highrise I may go with the full value though.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
          X