No announcement yet.

pension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The teachers and public servants are enjoying the last vestiges of our once prosperous country. The rest of us in the USA were robbed of our retirement savings and property value years ago.

The way things are looking those pensions won't be around much longer. They already spent the money that was supposed to fund them on warfare. Then they gave the rest to the bankers and corporations. If I were a pension holder I'd skip the traveling and save every cent as it won't be long before the money is gone.

My wife lost a good job. That company now outsources most design and engineering to India and layed off all their workers here. She can not find another job (no one wants to hire someone over 45). Our 401k savings lost most of it's value and there's not as much work for me as there used to be. I've also had to lower my rates to compete with third world rates. My wife and I now live on a fraction of what we used to make. No vacations, no dining out, no new toys and a 16 year old car. My health insurance costs me close to $800 a month. That will be the next thing we give up.

I'll work until I can't anymore and then move into a cardboard box as my retirement home.
    Last edited by arobbert; 18-03-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Brutal.

My heart broke when I read this: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...fects-20110201

So much for those dreams...
      David M. Foster

Comment

Originally posted by dmf-123 View Post
        Brutal.

My heart broke when I read this: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb...fects-20110201

So much for those dreams...
        we are doomed...
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

live fast, die young leave a beautiful corpse. Spend pension money on drugs and booze and fast women to assist this goal
          WerT
          www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by arobbert View Post
            I'll work until I can't anymore and then move into a cardboard box as my retirement home.
            follow the money, move to where the work is and hopefully where they have superior communist health care
            Last edited by werticus; 21-03-2011, 09:25 AM.
            WerT
            www.dvstudios.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by werticus View Post
              live fast, die young leave a beautiful corpse. Spend pension money on drugs and booze and fast women to assist this goal
              amen to that... but right now I'm on edge of starving so my corps migth not look too god at the end anyway
              Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Originally posted by lukx View Post
                amen to that... but right now I'm on edge of starving so my corps migth not look too god at the end anyway
                Don't worry, corpses tend to bloat. I'm sure you'll look great.

(haha, did I take it too far...? I'm always killing jokes -no pun intended)
                David M. Foster

Comment

bloat is good but what about color
                  Luke Szeflinski

Comment

forget pensions guys...save up or buy physical gold ...or...marry a younger woman that will take care of you once your mouse click rate drops below 10 per minute
                    Martin
                    http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

But in the end we may all Die tomorrow & never make it too retirement......Live every day like it's your LAST because it just might be.

Rather than depressing that thought makes me want to live life to the fullest.

& I would prefer to die with a smile on my face than a pocket full of cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X