Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

camera tracking / rolling shutter / best HD camera ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More toys! Looks nice PG1, have you played with one?
    Chris Jackson
    Shiftmedia
    www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

hmm i didnt research much into this, but looking at the GH-2 (looks great) the hdmi out only supports 1080i or 720p.. is this a limitation of hdmi or the camera? that Ninja gadget looks like a great idea, but id be interested to know which cameras pair well with it.. didnt see a list on the website. could lead to some stunning quality.

Comment

Most reports are saying that the gh2 has the best quality codec of all of the dslrs so it's quicktimes have far better colour and latitude to work with. Hdmi'd be handy for greenscreen bits though!

Comment

I own a Panasonic GF1 and I was very suprised with the video quality I was able to get out of it. I am not big into editing though, so the 'quality' of the video may not be that great to a trained eye, but I had no issues with it. There are even some hacks out there that open up more features in the video modes of the GH and GF series. I looked into a few steadycam systems, but I really don't do enough with video to justify it for myself.

Very interesting thread!
          Ben Steinert
          pb2ae.com

Comment

No I haven't played with one,I have a 550d and cant justify paying more for the toys than I did for the camera itself.
            I been trying to come up with a way to convince work to pick one up. No dice so far.

Comment

That monitor looks good but does it have peaking ? There is a marshall monitor that has peaking which the 5d mk2 seriously lacks..hard to focus on the move. The thing is, the Marshall monitor is just a monitor so thats not great.

Im thinking that the rolling shutter issue could be kind of bypassed if I were to keep my camera work fairly steady and then apply the noise and motion in post. That way I wouldn't get any rolling shutter at all. The only thing is, would the output from the 5d be good enough to track..it outputs straight to HD so Im wondering if that signal is good enough for green screen too ? hmm
              Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Working...
              X