I'm looking for an up to date downloadable character course/tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for an up to date downloadable character course/tutorial

Hi all Can anybody recommend a good up to date 3ds max character modelling, rigging, texturing, animating tutorial/course that I can purchase and download?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Rigging wise the best stuff is paul neales dvds from cg academy - it's an older version of max but the knowledge is top notch. Rock solid rigs from one of the best max riggers in the world.

Comment

3d Buzz have some pretty cool tutorials on a wide variety of subjects. There are some free videos, and if you get a member sponsorship you get access to a lot of other videos.

I did the alien modelling tutorial, and I 've found the poly modelling techniques I learned very useful for furniture modelling.
      I like their informal style and videos are pretty entertaining. They have some videos on motion builder, but i haven't checked them out yet.

They've recently released a whole lot of training videos on the UNITY game engine as well. link

Some of Autodesks videos also look interesting link
      Last edited by add101; 07-04-2011, 02:04 AM.

Comment

What's the difference between "manual" character rigging and animation vs doing it with something like CAT? Is it that the one is manual, and the other is sort of automated with a nicer interface?

I just want to make sure I spend my cash on the right thing
        Kind Regards,
        Morne

Comment

Manual is literally setting up everything from scratch, making bones, assigning controllers, doing all of the parenting and scripting. Cat gives you a library of preset objects and rigs built in so it's more drag and drop. It's a bit like a more expanded character studio. The Paul Neale dvds are admittedly a longer way to make rigs but the by product is that you've got a really good understanding of how parenting and transforms work in max so it'll give you knowledge to fix other bugs in your hierarchies.

Comment

Working...
          X