ProEXR Problem with Multtimatte(Render)Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ProEXR Problem with Multtimatte(Render)Element

Hi, I test ProEXR at the Moment. I would like to render out one exr. File which includes all Renderelements. This works fine for all Renderpasses as Vraylighting, etc but doesn`t work fine with the Multimatteelement. I defined 5 MME Render Elemets to get the Alpha Channels from Materials in the scene.
    When i open the exr. File in PS i get all defined Passes, but only one MME. I found out that always the last MME in the Row of the Render Elements gets it into the exr file, the others don`t.
    Does someone know why this happen and what could fix my problem?

Hi Max,
    I've just tested a file I have that has 7MME elements 6 Gbuffers and 1 MATID, they all export to EXR and import into PS with proEXR fine. What I do find is that the alpha channel is export to the element channel which doesn't make for a mask and requires additional steps in PS to then remove the alpha.
    Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
    I need a new signature
    --
    Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
    ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Hi Simon, i am afraid i didn't understand what you mean.
      Anyway i found the solution for my Problem. I had to give every mme an unique Name.

Comment

sorry i think my brain was working too fast for me fingers to catch up, and I never read back what I write (until it's too late), so I apologize for the garbled load of gibberish!
        I put a post up in Problems ...
        http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...t-channel-(EXR)
        ...which (I think) described it more coherently.
        Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
        I need a new signature
        --
        Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
        ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

Working...
        X