No announcement yet.

3dsmax 2012 Nitreous edit poly performace on high poly model still sucks for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dsmax 2012 Nitreous edit poly performace on high poly model still sucks for me

Crashes all the time if I try and soft select a high poly editable poly. Very slow when I just do normal selection of the model and try and move the faces/vertices !
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

oh dear... well ive downloaded it, but wont have time to play for a couple of days... be a real shame if all the rave reviews were wrong.

Comment

did you see Grant Warwick's review he posted about 2 or 3 days ago? Looks pretty good from there. He's using an i7 with a gtx295 and it looks pretty smooth.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Im using an i7-970 with a gtx480. I can spin round the main model fine...and there are definite speed improvements there but as soon as I go into edit poly mode it slows right down.
        Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Finding a good graphics driver might be your solution. Not easy to do though, involves a lot of trial/error and restarts.

Here is a resource I use to find drivers, I usually read the threads related to each driver to see if it is somewhat stable or not before trying it out:

Guru3D
          Ben Steinert
          pb2ae.com

Comment

Thanks. I'll take a look.
            Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

or just switch to ATI. I never had driver problems with ATI nor have I ever heard anybody having remarks like you should be using driver version 37675.XXXX or whatever or revert from the new driver etc. or tweak the hell out of driver so and so
              Kind Regards,
              Morne

Comment

Working...
              X