Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fume FX or Phoenix?

Hello all,
    currently deciding between Phonenix and FumeFX.

Wondering whether Vray supports Fume FX and vice versa???
    What is your experience?
    What package would you suggest?

Thanks for your advice
    Martin
    http://www.pixelbox.cz

For me, phx creates most realistic flames (mostly) and smoke I've ever seen. But, you have a lot of tutorials for ffx. But you can't simulate liquids with ffx...

Try both of 'em. If you want, I can help you with phx
    I just can't seem to trust myself
    So what chance does that leave, for anyone else?
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    CG Artist

Comment

VRay does support Fume, but the Support for Phoenix is naturally a LOT better. There are some nice things about Fume (like wavelet turbulence which hopefully will also come to Phoenix :P )
      and a lot of very nice things about Phoenix that make Phoenix a winner for me (Very tight VRay integration including domelight support :P, the built-in displacement, GPU preview, Non-Blocking
      sim etc). It has still some way to go, but is definitely heading in the right direction. Fume (and pretty much all Sitni Satni plugins) seem to be really slow updating only. Given how long it took
      for FFX2 to come out that actually had some noteworthy changes...all other a stagnating since ages.

Regards,
      Thorsten

Comment

Phoenix also seems to have a lower memory overhead at the same resolution as fume too based on my limited testing of the beta - Is this the case Thorsten? Theoretically you could either get higher detail from phoenix from the raw sim as a result?

Comment

It seems so, tho i haven't really done any extensive comparisons. In general i feel that i can go higher res with phoenix before things get unusable. As said i am hoping
          that Wavelet Turbulence will arrive. In the end it is "just" a post process. I wonder if one could export the data in a form that the reference sources understands and
          apply and re-import...hmmmmmmm :P

Thorsten

Comment

thanks for your opinions ans insight guys! iam almost persuaded
            Martin

Comment

currently im using a nice zippo to start most of my fires but other than that im using pheonix too

---------------------------------------------------
              MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
              stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

LOL Da_lef:::::::::: sounds really funny.....................using zippo to start most of my fires.................here we have a hidden pyroman
                Martin

Comment

Working...
                X