rendering in 3ds max object colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering in 3ds max object colour

Have a quick question guys.. i know apart of this forum i cant expect quick reply from anywhere..
    I have a scene with about 25 object . materials are applied on each object but i want to render it without any material, which means i want to render it in default object colour i.e. default colour in which object comes when we create them. Any help??

Thanks you!
    Prateek Vishwa
    sigpic
    www.prateekvishwa.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PVDS/161239543925007

save the scene as a different name. then remove all materials from the objects

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Da_elf View Post
      save the scene as a different name. then remove all materials from the objects
      yup but how to remove material from that object??, i know in viewport i can see Display colour> Shaded> object colour but i dont know how can i render them in same colours?
      Prateek Vishwa
      sigpic
      www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

can't you use elements for that?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          can't you use elements for that?
          I didn't get you bob? I basically need rendering with color values which all my 3d elements hold without material applied. I would have done it simply by rendering it if i wouldn't have applied materials on it, now since there is already materials applied & i don't have any backup, how can i get rid of materials which i have applied on my 3d elements? phew! i don't know if my approach is wrong to achieve what i want to achieve
          Prateek Vishwa
          sigpic
          www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

Hi Prateek,

You can clear all the materials from all of the objects by opening the Maxscript Listener (type the F11 key on your keyboard) and typing the following:

for obj in objects do obj.material = undefined

That should do what you want if I'm not mistaken

Cheers
            John

Comment

Right-click an empty part of any viewport and hit "Save Scene State," and create a new scene state with only "Materials" selected. This is so you don't have to save out a new scene.

Then go to Utilities panel, click the "More..." button, scroll down to the bottom of the list and select "UVW Remove."

With all your objects selected, click the "Materials" button. This will clear all the materials from the selected objects.

Save a new scene state for this too, if you think you will need to go back to it.
              - Geoff

Comment

oh. thought this was a simple one. just select all objects. go to the utilities panel. click more and use "UVW remove" that gives the option to remove uvw mapping as well as materials. no need for anything complex

opps. didnt see yoyoboys reply

---------------------------------------------------
                MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
                stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

I don't think copying/pasting one line of code is complex? but yeah, there are many ways to accomplish the same task in Max

I do think the line of code is easier and faster in this case, especially if you consider it works on hidden and frozen layers / objects as well. So there wouldn't be a need to unhide and unfreeze everything before you can select everything and start the removal process

I have the code in a macro button because I use it often to get rid of mats in files I receive. So it's a one click solution. I also have this one in a macro button which does the same but for selected objects:

for obj in $ do obj.material = undefined

I do need to remember the scene states tip. I keep forgetting about those. They can come in very handy indeed! Thanks YoyoBoy!

Comment

WOW!.. there is so much to learn.. i feel so happy when i get to know something new like this! THANK YOU guys!
                    Prateek Vishwa
                    sigpic
                    www.prateekvishwa.com

Comment

even shorter:

Code:
                      objects.material=undefined
                      Marc Lorenz
                      ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                      www.marclorenz.com
                      www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

On a side node, I'd love an option in the VrayMaterial use the object color as diffuse color, per object.
                        Marc Lorenz
                        ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                        www.marclorenz.com
                        www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
                        X