Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• workstation_question

Hi,

We are planing to upgrade a workstation.
    The plan is a dual 2.8-3 Ghz Xeon.

First question:

What kind of motherboard do you advise for these cpu's?

Second:

What kind of graphic card do you advise for 3D and 2D composite?
    (Now a Matrox Parhelia Triplehead 256 mb is the best I find within a given budget...) Any pro or contra?

Thanks!

Palee

Palee,

Check out the hardware forum at either www.charchitect.com or www.3dluvr.com there is a wealth of information posted there that will help you out alot.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

go to http://www.boxxtech.com

best machines you can get. email the sales people and they'll do you a deal.

Comment

Thank you guys, I will check the sites!

guardian256: We thought about Boxxtech, but here in Hungary the BOXX is sooooo expensive.... :/

(Low budget, only for TV...)

Best regards,
        Palee

Comment

I have a dual 2.66 GHz Xeon with Ati fireGL x1 from Dell with WinXP.

- its fast and stabil, overall a nice machine...
          - on rendering it get's a little lound (like a jet-plane)
          - The X1 is really wastet on Max. Max performance is so low that my old Ati 8500 is nearly working same speed. Anyhow other application run very fast... My tip: Buy an Ati9700 and enable the AntiAlias mode with OpenGL, very cool!
          - The HT feature is also waste. Vray crash all time and max get instabil. I disabled it, which is sad.
          - If you want to save money by a P4 system as workstation and get a dual AMD for rendering.

For compositing: Go for Pinnacle Studio with a Ati8500 special for realtime effects

regards,

robert
          I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

Working...
          X