Max 6 Early Adoption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max 6 Early Adoption

Is anyone planning on immediately upgrading to Max 6 when it's released, even if VRay does not fully support it? (Though, I must say that I have complete faith in the Chaos team with regards to Max 6 support).

I got the "upgrade from 4.x to 5.1 with subscription and get 6 free" deal will prob fire up 6 when I get it but prob wont put into production for a while till I have a chance to test and make sure its half a$$ed production worthy. (cant get my hopes up to high given discreets track record )

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Having seen 6 it doesn't seem too much different than 5, or 4 for that matter. I am pretty confident that V-Ray will work just fine. As far as going right to 6, 5 has been a pain I'm ready to try anything :P
      Eric Boer
      Dev

Comment

My boss said that he will upgrade Max to the latest version's as soon as they come out, I hope he isn't just thinkg out loud. Syclone, you may as well with a great deal like that, who was offering it origonally. I Agree 586

Comment

Just seen Max 6 yesterday on a press conference. It works very stabil. As far as I know Vray works in a seperate build for Max 6 too.
          So, don't worry...

robert
          I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

i think we can spend the time waiting on vray for max 6 on playing around with mental ray 3.2.

Comment

Waiting is right, MRay is slooowww...
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

Originally posted by R2J2
                My boss said that he will upgrade Max to the latest version's as soon as they come out, I hope he isn't just thinkg out loud. Syclone, you may as well with a great deal like that, who was offering it origonally. I Agree 586
                R2J2, Discreet has the offer to I think prety much anyone who owns 4.x licenses. Ive found it cheaper to do it this way than going straight from 4.x to 6.x and Im sure some mite disagree but I find the subscription worth the money just for particle flow

-dave
                Cheers,
                -dave
                ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

thanks Dave. Particle flow seems groovey from what I've read, My boss just upgraded to 5.1 about 5 months ago so I think he's going to be pissed when I tell him about that. oh well, mabey next time.

Comment

you should have hime look into the subscription if he's running 5.1 already. As long as your running the current shipping version you can still get the subscription and you mite be able to get 6.0 with it still. talk to your reseller.

-dave
                    Cheers,
                    -dave

Comment

excellent Dave, I'm glad we had this chat, thanks for the info

Comment

Any time, glad to help

-dave

[edit] If you have other questions feel free to private message me or I practically live on #vray on efnet
                        Cheers,
                        -dave

Comment

forshure

Comment

Working...
                          X