Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can we do about this "cheap people?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can we do about this "cheap people?

Take a look at this,please:
    http://www.designcommunity.com/discussion/29056.html
    What can we do about this "cheap people?

Open up an office in New Dehli, hire a bunch of indian architecture students, pay them peanuts and off you go!

Stefan

Welcome to the global economy

Copied from the sites contact page:

70, Subhash Khand,
    Giri Nagar, Kalka Ji,
    New Delhi 110 019
    INDIA

Ph: 91-11-26294667
    email: info@virses.com
    Stefan Kubicek
    www.keyvis.at

Comment

They can stay in bussiness because they live and
      work in countries where u$s150 is a fortune!
      For instance in New Delhi, India you can live 1 month or more with 150 bucks!
      this is called "Unloyal competence"

Comment

Well, there will always be cheaper services and more expensive services. The key, IMHO, is to offer the best quality you can at a price that is reasonable for your target market. For instance, if you're doing renders for a multi-million dollar architectural firm (although it's unlikely that they'd farm that work out) then you can ask for the big price tag because "cheap-o" services would probably not be attractive to them or taken seriously by them. It would be like someone who drives a Lamborghini going to Jiffy Lube for a $19 oil change - ain't gonna happen.

Don't sweat the in-and-out guys. Just keep doing what you're doing, give the best product you can, build a good reputation in the industry and believe in your work.

Comment

re

150 bucks is the price you pay for a break down in communication and an image that is way out in left field....trust me.
          Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

What?

Comment

150 bucks is the price you pay for a break down in communication and an image that is way out in left field....trust me
              what he means is that there is more to the equation than just droping a floor plan off in the mail and expecting to get back exactly what you want.

communication is key

interaction with the artist and designer will go much further to making the visualization great. IMO you should be able to talk face to face.

besides. the quality looks so-so at best....guess thats what you get for $200 bones.

Comment

I personally prefer don't enter in threads like this, but I think I can ask you some questions, karadagian:

WHAT do you THINK should be done with "this people"? Prohibit them to work outside their country? Tax architects with a fee if they hire people from the third world?
                Sorry, but this seems to be some fascist way of thinking... If the market is free, them it should be free for everybody, IMHO.

Also think about it: Do you think that if Vlado was living in, say, NY, he could make and sell Vray for the price he's doing? However, you are having benefit from it too, don't you?
                Regards,
                Joao.

PS: I came from a country of the so called "third world" too, I feel myself frightened and offended when I see coments like you've posted here. Sorry...

Comment

I do not suggest anything.
                  I myself am a filthy and lousy Sudaca ,but I do not think "everything goes"and do my job according to some ethical principles which I think not everybody has.
                  Boa noite allende el Tibidabo!
                  This seems "the revenge of the mexican corn croppers":
                  As the beloved Mr.W is subsidizing the american farmers, the price of corn produced is so artificially low that Mexico only buys american corn, leaving thousand or millons of mexican farmers jobless and the country in the misery.

Comment

I'm outta here.

Comment

So everything goes!
                      Ok, I'll start charging 20 Euros/23 dolars per image with the best possible quality, including a surprise bonus with the purchase!

Comment

If you can do that, and stay in busines...go for it

Thats the nature of free trade. If you are more expensive than your competition, you better have a reason for it, and if you can't match your competition's prices, then you need to figure out a way to convince your clients why you cost more (hint: its not just because you have more expenses)

Comment

You are confusing "free trade" with "wild capitalism".
                          Even capitalism has its rules(I repeat).
                          Consult any Adam Smith's, John Locke's,etc, books and you will learn a couple of principles of Modern Capitalism/Competence/Dumping,etc.
                          Evening

Comment

I fully understand the difference....true free trade depends on a capitalistic system and ultimately benefits both economies involved, but has the short term side effect of lost jobs.

But I don't think you understand the ramifications of what you want...you are angered that jobs are going to cheaper labor in places such as India, but complain about subsidies and protections you accuse George Bush of giving to farmers (hint: they were in place long before either GB got into office).

You can't have it both ways.

Comment

re

I believe everything is subject to supply and demand...doesn't matter where you are. Remember when getting certified as a Microsoft Systems Engineer was an instant meal ticket. Waiters, bus boys, truck drivers, and many more jumped on the IT wagon. Now in most places, an MCSE's salary is a fraction of what it was 3-5 years ago, if they're even lucky to land a job. The only ones making a decent living are the ones that are good at what they do. Every industry planes out in the end (except realestate). Just stick to what you do best and over time people will filter out.
                              Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

Working...
                              X