Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Networking problem: SSD drive won't share properly??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Networking problem: SSD drive won't share properly??

I use DR rendering all the time, and recently switched to an SSD drive for working files. It is seems fully accessible from all my nodes on the network, and standard Vray DR works like a charm.

However, some plugins (Krakatoa, Phoenix) are unable to access their support files (particle sequences etc.) so when rendering with DR the buckets from all my nodes are screwed up. If I copy the files to my old working drive (a Drobo unit on my workstation) it all works just fine.

I can't figure out why. AFAIK the sharing is all the same, and for sure I can readily access that drive from all my nodes, and again: basic Vray DR works fine.

Any ideas what else might cause such an odd/specific network access issue?

THanks for any tips!
    /b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

I don't have any SSD drives but I did have one computer setup where I couldn't get a shared drive to function reliably. On every other computer I've had, setting up shared drives has been a no-brainer and I never did understand why I had an issue with this particular drive and configuration. In any case, I found an app called Network Drive Manager that made everything just work. I believe they have a trial version so you can try it first and see if it fixes your issue.

http://www.suncross.nl/ndm/
    Steve Burke
    www.burkestudios.com

Comment

Thanks Steve - I will look into that.
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Working...
      X