Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

script for changing bitmap paths to UNC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script for changing bitmap paths to UNC ?

Does anyone know script that will automate process of changing bitmap paths to UNC? Somehow when clicking "resolve path to UNC location in asset tracing , nothing happens and I need to click on the bitmap and click again that it changes the name... but going one by one when you have a lot of maps is painful.
    Luke Szeflinski
    :: www.lukx.com cgi

well i find it works best if you select all the bitmaps of one type / file location (cant remember which) and resolve those, before doing the others.. in batches if u like.

or, alternatively, if they are all in the same place, you can use the "Bitmap/photometric path editor" which is under utilities in max.. u can select all the maps there and manually browse to the unc location or type it in.. it will then update them all to the new path. that was the only option till the asset browser came along. not that that works very well.

Comment

You can use Colin's relink bitmaps script for this. Just use the Asset Tracker to delete all the paths then fire up RBitmaps and re-link the images by pointing to the image directory through the network path and it will give you what you want.

b
      Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
      e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

oh thanks Brett I heaven't though about using Colin's script that way
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Also Soulburnscripts

http://www.neilblevins.com/soulburns...urnscripts.htm

Also a bunch of really usefull stuff