multiple rotationcenters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple rotationcenters

I wonder if any of you know a way to have multiple rotationcenters on one objekt or set up some kind of cluster of objets who are affecting one another? this would be nice if you animate a simple box as an example. You would like to turn it round different corners. is it posible to make a skript that does this?

this would realy help me

dw
    Daniel Westlund

I'm confused after seeing the chairs you animated

You can just use a null object and link them. How did you go about animating your chairs? I'll have to look at them again.

--Jon

Comment

The thing with nullobjekts is that the animation becoms verry rigid. because you have to ad a new null for every new rotationcenter. if you want to ad something to it afterwards its allmost like you have to do the hole animationjob again.
      Daniel Westlund

Comment

Hmm....maybe a bone chain of some sort with IK that you can move to the place you need and rotate the children from?
        Signing out,
        Christian

Comment

I have been trying that with no real luck. Maby it´s me. If you got an idea pleace. Is this why people convert to xsi or maya?

/dw
          Daniel Westlund

Comment

Try the Max web board animation section. I think I saw an answer there.
            Two heads are better than one ...
            ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

Well I've never done anything similar, so its just a guess. I have a hunch you should be able to do this with effective toggling FK and IK.
              The max help file gives a pretty good explanation on this I seem to remember, but I cant check as I am not close to a copy of max right now.
              I think your best bet would be like Mike said, bound to be some savvy animators hanging around there
              Signing out,
              Christian

Comment

How about a link controller. It would be time dependant but may give you the flexibility you're looking for. I still don't see the problem with an organized set of null objects. Just save a default pose for the "rig" at frame "-1". With this you can almost always fix any problem that may arise.

Your chair animation was great. How did you set it up?

How does XSI handle this situation?

--Jon

Comment

Just save a default pose for the "rig" at frame "-1".
                  I never thought of that. In my mind I thought of it as if I had to ad a new null for every new rotationcenter during the whole animation, and I end up with a lot of unordered nulls I will give it a try. Thanks
                  A nother solution to it that I just tryed is an x form modifyer It works cus I can then animate the center.
                  I dont know allot aboute xsi or maya. used to work whith softimage a few yers ago but at that time I never asked.

Thanks!

/DW
                  Daniel Westlund

Comment

Working...
                  X