the true is vray better than brazil ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the true is vray better than brazil ?

i was just wondering ,in a book called expose (this book suppoused to have the best art in the know universe)all the 3d images are done whit brazil and max.
    also im a big fan of blizzard games like war3 and starcraft and the used brazil and evrybody know they are one of the best 3ds max companies.
    anyway i have vray and i have to use it but i heard that brazil 1.5 will have an irradiance map like vray :S

i think you see it the wrong way !!! they are just tools, nothing more. i have some wonderfull pens in my desk, very expensive, great colours etc.....but can i draw like michelangelo ? unfortunately not !

and btw. i saw great pictures at raph.com done with blender and pov ray.....the result is important, not the way....

Comment

what i mean is...... you have to learn your tools. even brazil has no "render-cool-scene" button !

Comment

well said metroberlin
        and if they did have a render cool button .....well all be out of a job.
        Natty
        http://www.rendertime.co.uk

Comment

re

even brazil has no "render-cool-scene" button !
          I dread the day technology allows such a thing...leaving everyone out of a job and doing renderings for 50 bucks a pop.
          Indecisive archictects will be the death of us all.

Comment

hmm, a lot of the max images in expose are done with vray, It's that maya thing that we have to watch out for
            Eric Boer
            Dev

Comment

right! It a way how you grow up. I personaly have great problems using other tools like Max. I'm so used to it that get crazy if every shortcut is different and to tell the trues, the different in the results between all the programs and renders are very much similary in a technical point of view.
              The artist is a nother thing.
              There are many young artist that are so insicure what to do that, before learning to modell they have to install 3 applications and 100 of plugins, to work.

robert
              I'm registed believe me! Just miss that logo.

Comment

yes is the artist not the render but then why u choose it?

Comment

Will someone post a link to this expose please?

--Jon

Comment

http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/

Comment

I think the big differnce between Brazil in Max is speed, with vray being faster in my tests. The advantage to brazil seems to be a few more artist friendly features like the controls for lights and cameras and special shaders. But in reality the two products compare fairly well. I prefer Vray because it's very fast, very simple to use and has great 3D Displacement and 3d motion blur. It's also a lot cheaper than mental ray, Brazil or Renderman which really helps in smaller shops.
                      Two heads are better than one ...
                      ....but some head is better than none.....

Comment

[quote="metroberlin"]i think you see it the wrong way !!! they are just tools, nothing more. i have some wonderfull pens in my desk, very expensive, great colours etc.....but can i draw like michelangelo ? unfortunately not !
                        [quote]

yeah right...
                        but why do you prefer to use VRAY and not the Scanliner?

a artist needs good tools... and a better tool makes a good artist even better.

the big advantage of brazil are the great materials (honest vray map and mat are in no way a competition to brazils materials).

for superior quality and stills (like the images in expose) rendertime is not that important.

on the other side, i donĀ“t like to work with photon maps.
                        you need to much time tweaking the parameters and doing testrenders.
                        so vray and irradiance map are great for me.

plus, vray is imho much better for animations with GI (because for animations rendertimes are more important).

Comment

ohh, brother...here we go again.....
                          another war of the renders!!!........hehehehe.....

Originally posted by metroberlin
                          i think you see it the wrong way !!! they are just tools, nothing more. i have some wonderfull pens in my desk, very expensive, great colours etc.....but can i draw like michelangelo ? unfortunately not !
                          in principle I agree w/ you metro......I think you're right...but then I also agree w/ Long John as far as: "an artist needs good tools... and a better tool makes a good artist even better."....

I used brazil beta for about one and a half years and the full version for a couple months....and at this stage the problem w/ braizil is SPEED....
                          but in the end I do think brazil was actually easier to setup the vray, as far as settings go.....

however, I've been using vray for about 4 months now and I really like it!! I do arch viz and the speed is a great asset, as well as it's settigns control....

in the end there isn't necessaily one better then the other: each has it's strenghts and weaknesses.....since both are still in early development....
                          so it's mostly up to you to test/use both and see which one YOU, and I repeat..'YOU' like....I think it's a personal preference thing.

paul.

Comment

Let's put aside that subjective point of view since it is rather obvious that each artist will get the tool that suits him the best. What is interesting to know here, is what features has each package, and what are thier objective strenghts and weaknesses.

for ex. SPEED goes to VRay; MATERIALS & SHADERS to Brazil; GREAT SUPPORT goes to both teams; TRUE 3D MB goes to Vray, and so does the PRICE; and so on ... then of course, CHOICE goes to the customer.

Some more or less technical skills of each renderer are obvious, so why not just lay them out?

Regards,

Nenad

Comment

I use both. Like was said above, each has it's own advantages. I use whichever one fits the job. The are equal but different.
                              When it's a fast job (especially interior) - Vray is the choice. When accuracy in shadows and mats is key, Brazil wins out. When the client want's it fast and isn't looking for perfectrion - Vray. When trying to match existing photographs and scene lighting and mats - Brazil. They're both solid in their own way and they both create strong images. Besides, everyone knows whatever you create can be controlled and changed in photoshop

Comment

Working...
                              X