Amazon Web Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon Web Services

Is anybody using Amazon's Stratus render farm? I read that it support v-ray 2.0.

http://www.stratusfarm.com/?goback=....ember_64894357
    Last edited by glorybound; 20-10-2011, 01:27 PM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

anybody? I have tried, but without success.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Also would be nice to know how it compares to Rebusfarm in costs and if they will do the same for Maya
      http://www.andreas-reimer.de
      http://www.renderpal.com
      my HDRI and texture collection

Comment

I never did get it to work on Amazon. I did try a couple other farms, but the times were huge, so it made no sense. The whole time I was testing different farms the only thing I could think of was Autodesk's Render Cloud. Autodesk has opened their farm, for free to subscribers, in Revit. When they do this for MAX, which they'll inevitable do, it 'll do some damage to V-Ray (my opinion) I don't think Autodesk will support V-Ray, or any other 3rd party renderer, on their cloud. If V-Ray's main benefit is speed than I am not sure why people wouldn't chose MentalRay on the Autodesk Render Cloud.
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
          Autodesk has opened their farm, for free to subscribers, in Revit. When they do this for MAX, which they'll inevitable do...
          I'm not convinced they will. I mean they might, but the intent is totally different for REVIT vs. MAX. Considering REVIT is all (or mostly) about BIM and producing design and construction documents for buildings, the rendering aspect is somewhat of a secondary component of the software. Picture a large architecture office, say with 100 people using revit for production, maybe a couple of those people might be using it to produce some form of images or animations. The cloud server load based upon the number of licenses from autodesk's standpoint is pretty good (2 out of 100). Now picture a small vfx house or arch/viz firm with just 10 licenses of MAX, during any given day I could easily imagine early all of them sending renders to the cloud with complex particles, proxys, textures, etc, etc with frame times that dwarf the ones from revit. So from autodesk's standpoint these 10 max licenses equal the cloud load of about 1000 revit licenses (10 max renderers with heavy scenes equals 20 comparatively light revit scenes). I just don't see how autodesk could afford it but maybe they'll prove me wrong.

Nevermind how the render cloud would handle any necessary plugins besides Vray (say thinking particles, railclone, groundwiz, forest, etc). Also, I'm no lawyer, but if Autodesk were to put railclone, etc on it's servers but specifically not put vray or any other third party renderer it would seem to violate some law. Sure, there are farms out that don't support every third party renderer, but it's not for lack of need most likely and if the need were there I'm sure they would.
          Last edited by dlparisi; 24-10-2011, 05:47 AM.
          www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
          X