Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buy motion capture solutions?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would know where i could buy motion capture animations ready to be hooked onto a mesh? I know you can get some free from turbosquid, but i am after a cat or lion walking/running and they only have humans. Also, i have tried looking on the web, but i think im being a bit stumped cos i dont know what the term for what im looking for is. Motion capture solutions/animations/????
    If anyone could help, even if its just with the term that i should be searching for, i would be very grateful, thank you.

regards,

Marc
    -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Not sure if anyone will have animals motions readily available. There is House of Moves, I think www.moves.com, these guys have stock moves and could put together a custom solution but you'd also need to hire an actor in this case a cat and trainer. I think another is Red Eye Studios.

IMHO, the best bet would be to get that new character animation plugin from CAT. I haven’t tried it out but it looks pretty neat. I believe the new Kaydara Motion Builder supports quadrupeds.

--Jon

Comment

Jon,

I think you are right, we will have to get a cat and do it ourselves. Thanks for the help though. We are quite friendly with a motion capture studio here in London so it should work out fine. Shoudnt be to difficult to get a trained cat... here kitty kitty....No! dont lick your %$£!

Regards,

Marc
      -------------------------------------------------------

"...and we all know how paintful THAT can be, don't we?"

Comment

Catools...

Dunno if you've seen it, but there is a new plugin called CATools... Character Animation Tools, and it has procedural walk cycles built in for it's rigs... http://www.catoolkit.com/ looks pretty sweet

...panther demo
        http://www.catoolkit.com/gallery/movies/CAT_panther.wmv

--Ian

Comment

Working...
        X