Ignore object for Xref Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore object for Xref Scene

Is there any way to flag or mark an object NOT to be imported when XREF'd into another scene (similar to making an object an "Overlay"). Here's what I need-I have a building model I X-ref into the site model for the final rendering. For the building model, as I'm testing I have a vray plane in place so I get somewhat realistic test renders. But when I xref it into the site the vray plane comes with (which I've almost always forgotten to turn off before saving). Any ideas?
    www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Create a xref with only the vrayplane, insert it into the model of the building using Overlay
    or put the plane in different layer, when you insert your model into the site selct update file automatic....inside the site plan file turn off the layer and save the file....if you keep automatic ON will remember the status of the layers.
    Last edited by flino2004; 08-10-2011, 12:23 PM.
    show me the money!!

Comment

Originally posted by flino2004 View Post
      Create an xref with only the vrayplane, insert it into the model of the building using Overlay
      Excellent idea. Seems surprisingly obvious now that you mention it. Thanks.
      www.dpict3d.com - "That's a very nice rendering, Dave. I think you've improved a great deal." - HAL9000... At least I have one fan.

Comment

Working...
      X