No announcement yet.

gradient map problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sorry if my response seemed offensive, but it seemed to me that you were stating that the VRaySun is always too intense to utilize max's shadow/light tools that depend on the same scale. To me, it is all simulation and I will use whatever I have to in order to accomplish my goal. Almost always for me, this goal is a visually pleasing end result, not a physically metered end result. The visual result of the VRaySun and VRaySky is the same at a lower intensity unexposed as an exposed result at full intensity.

Rather than fooling with f-stops and film isos, I prefer to fool with the intensity of the sun. It is obviously not possible to do this in reality...but we do have that sort of control in Max. I am certain if photographers could control the sun as opposed to their camera settings then they would jump at the opportunity

But I do understand that there are some situations where physically accurate lighting is necessary, such as if you must utilize manufacturer IES files or perform an energy analysis. I hope you find something that works for you
    Ben Steinert
    pb2ae.com

Comment

im hoping bercon gradient would do that. if you can use a max min range in float that will be awesome. cant test untill im finished this project

---------------------------------------------------
      MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
      stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Working...
      X