Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D projection mapping

Hi,
    I was wondering how many people here have experience in 3D mapping projection. I have done a lot research about it and I would like to see if We can exchange, share ideas or techniques, information about software, etc

Fernando
    show me the money!!

It looks like nobody is doing 3D mapping projection here or sharing is not a good thing.

Fernando
    show me the money!!

Comment

I used projection mapping for vertex baking when producing some clouds like the video here :http://motionographer.com/features/d...paths-of-hate/
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Hi Steve, 3D projection mapping is when you project a video over surfaces and mapping the video on them... so from specific point of view you get 3D effects... if you search online you will see a lot of them in buildings.
        I found two types of projections, the 1st one you map it in situ and you use realtime projection, the second one you have to pick the place to project and map it prior the production so If only works from those locations.
        show me the money!!

Comment

there are quite a few posts on here about this. do some searches and see if you can find them

---------------------------------------------------
          MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
          stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

Hi Elf, I'm not looking for "how do it"...I'm looking for people with same interest and willing to exchange information...there is not book about it, so pretty much you have figure it yourself....the softwareavailable for realtime projection is for VJ's like Modul8, Resolume, etc and the mapping tools are in a good percent for Apple...regarding the other type of projection (it could be an hybrid) you have to set up everything in advance...so, because I did a lot research already I would like to discuss it and learn more or get to some conclutions of the right way to do it to evoid problems whe you have a project like that. Taking in consideration that those projectors cost around 150k to 250k and the fee for these services are quite expensive too for few minutes.

Check this mapping tool out!

http://www.madmapper.com/
            Last edited by flino2004; 05-12-2011, 05:19 PM.
            show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
            X