Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with HDRI

Hello all!
    I tested for the first time HDRI images, but i allways get a very lightning renders, too much itensity!
    I see here some of renders here, using hdri and its amazing, but i can't get similar results.
    There are some special options in vray? Some tutorials about using hdri with vray?
    Someone can help me with these settings?

/*sorry my english*/

and thank you

no one can help me?

Comment

head on over to http://www.evermotion.org they have several 'video' tutorials...and check the one for hdri..

Comment

Try to change your Gamma Max defaults 1.0 to something closer of the HRDI gamma level, that is 2.2

Gonçalo

Comment

You can always dial up and down the hdri multiplier in the material editor. And you can always rotate the hdri horizontally so that the light source (your HDRI) hits your object from a different angle Also, try eliminating any external light source (omnis and spots for instance) and do a test render. Additional lights can blow out a scene with HDRI unless set real carefully... And if all this fails, you may want to test out different probes to get the results you desire.
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

First of all, thank you for your replies!

Gonçalo: could you send me your sample scene ?

Comment

I think maybe your problem is the max default lights, try turning off default lights in the global settings or just make a light in the scene and turn it off
              Eric Boer
              Dev

Comment

i did it!
                load the .hdr image to MAx 5 with FREE brazil loader, create a skylight and add the .hdr to the skylight map, then render it with vray - enviorment - replace max's...

i add a omni too, with vray shadows...

the result:

not bad

thank you guys

Comment

Not bad...but personally I think the shadows are too defined. For a 'realistic' image, just use the vrayhdri map, load your hdri in there and then set that as the environment.

Comment

another test...
                    only HDRI lightning

i think to the beginners like me, brazil loader is more good to get better results, check the image above...

again and agian, thank you guys.

Comment

don't forget that you can also adjust the 'intensity' of the hdri map via the vrayhdri settings...

Comment

You get a much lower dynamic range when using the Brazil loader.
                        Eric Boer
                        Dev

Comment

err, how do you turn off the background so it becomes black ... i followed this tutorial http://www.visualart.ro/tutorials/hdri/hdri_e4.htm ... but i must turn the max environment "Use Map" on ... if i turn it off, it become very dark.

Comment

Originally posted by RErender
                            You get a much lower dynamic range when using the Brazil loader.

Comment

Earl, If you are using a version of VRay other than Free you should use the Environment overide section of your Render parameters for this.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X