X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relink Bitmaps v2.04 released

http://www.colinsenner.com/scripts/relink-bitmaps

New in Version 2.04

• Added an option to Relink All Bitmaps and not just missing ones. The checkbox “All Maps” should do the trick.
    • Fixed a bug with the licensing system, if you have requested a license in the past and it wasn’t working, please email colin.senner@gmail.com your new request code (Generated by clicking the “Donate!” button). Old License files will continue to work, but they now have a new format
    • Command Line support added for “All Maps” feature (check the FAQ at the bottom for syntax)
    • The new version deletes your “Relink Bitmaps.ini” file because new features have been added to it, this is to prevent errors. Reconfigure manually.
    • Fixed the icon not showing up properly after install (Thanks Artur)

Enjoy,
    Colin
    Colin Senner

Great - thanks Colin! The relink 'all' function will be very handy.

/b
    Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
    e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

I still don't quite understand why everyone wanted it. How will you use it? I usually just disconnect my network from work, then relink them while the connection is down. I don't quite get it, but everyone wanted it, so it's in there now.
      Colin Senner

Comment

It's useful for me in two ways:

One is that it allows me to setup materials using maps in a particular job folder and at the end when I archive the job and transfer the materials into my database I can dump the textures to my primary file morgue and quickly relink them all. I often do this while the job is still live on my drives so the maps are not missing per se.

The other use I would have is that occasionally I set up a whole folder of lo-res versions of hi-res images (when they are in the 8-10K range this pays off a lot) but keep the name the same, so that I can quickly re-link them by pointing to a new folder. I normally do this by temporarily re-naming their folders so the link in Max gets broken and Relink can work, but now this will be a one-step thing.

Minor things, but I do this all the time so I'm happy about it

/b
        Brett Simms

www.heavyartillery.com
        e: brett@heavyartillery.com

Comment

Good deal, glad to hear it.
          Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
          X