Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another little appetizer for Autodesk

http://news.autodesk.com/news/autode...hnology-Assets

It looks like Autodesk is still buying everything around the 3d world.... as t-spline user I don't like it a bit, another subscription in my life.

Fernando
    show me the money!!

Not heard of this before. Looks pretty powerful. I personally wouldn't mind something like that integrated into 3dsmax...not sure that will happen though. I understand where you are coming from though regarding one company acquiring so much technology.
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

I think they will be use it in Max, inventor and maybe Autocad.......Rhino was originally a plugin for Autocad so they share some similar structure. T-Splines has T-elements for Solidworks and I think this was the main factor why Autodesk wanted to get It since They need to take some of that market with Inventor.....Regarding MAX, it would be very powerful with that technology because pretty much all the modelling would be with Nurbs... No more turbosmooth, counting faces and things like that.

Autodesk needs to buy technology to get on top of competition this is why they acquired Revit, Maya, etc....and they also acquired some green design software, Photomatch software, many years ago they got Autosoft (it was a plugin for AutoCAD) which was the 1st version of Architectural Desktop If I remember well the same thing happen to 3ds MAX.

You don't have to be a smartest guy to own a company but you want the smartest guys working for you.

Fernando
      Last edited by flino2004; 26-12-2011, 09:36 AM.
      show me the money!!

Comment

Working...
      X