In-demand Modeling Links?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-demand Modeling Links?

Anyone know of a good, centralized place where people post their needs for models?

For instance, if I wanted to model a car I might just end up modeling one that has already been done before if I didn't search thoroughly enough. It kind of defeats the purpose of having to model from a time perspective. But at the same time it would be nice to provide items that people are looking for that haven't had the time or can't seem to find in an online library yet. If there's a good place for modeling requests, please let me/us know!
    LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
    HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
    Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

i think turbosquid u can sell models to the public

Comment

Well- that doesn't answer my question. Again- are there any sites which are a good resource to find what models/needs are in high demand? Turbosquid posts models- but does not post requests for particular models or what people are looking for...

Comment

Looks like Turbosquid beat you to it.

http://www.3dluvr.com/content/news/424

--Jon

Comment

Thanks J_Bug. Now I'm rather depressed about this. That was actually my idea I had suggested to them about a week and a half ago and hence this posting. But unfortunately I didn't get any kudos/awards for this (the part I'm bummed out about.) Knowing corporate America, someone else probably got a pat on the back and I'll make some other sucker wealthy.

But if anyone else knows a non-private listing, please share this info with us.

-juju

http://www.lunarstudio.com

"if I only had a dime for every idea..."

Comment

Don't fret juju, This kind of stuff happens to me all the time and I'm sure many other ppl too

A good friend and myself actually came up with the story line for Farscape a few years b4 it came out

It would definitely take longer than a week or two to set something like this up so I'd guess you aren't the first to mention this to them.

--Jon

Comment

Eh. What can you do. Farscape? That was such an amazing television show. How close did your idea come to the actual series?

How about the idea of having a 3D Children's Book (I worked previously for various children's education publishers) starring a goldfish (based on one of my pets)- that get's captured from its parents and eventually flushed down the toilet and out to sea. Eventually to find it's parent's again.

Two years later Finding Freakin' Nemo was released... Imagine my shock (as well as my friends) when I saw the first commercial being released. Nonetheless I had to stop working on my book so I wouldn't be considered a copycat.

Convergent evolution or just bad timing?!?!?

Comment

Working...
              X