Open exr internal error w/ backburner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open exr internal error w/ backburner

I've got a scene which wont save out any render elements - it says in backburner that it failed & restarts the render with an 'open exr internal error', but it does save out the base layer - just none of the channels. it tries to make one, but it's a 0kb file - I thought it was an issue with the channel I was rendering when i first saw it (vraynormals) but I got rid of that one and it's doing it on the next one down the list.

Any ideas?
    All my other scenes are fine, it's just this one which is doing it. Rendering locally works fine too.
    Last edited by Neilg; 27-02-2012, 03:15 AM.

If all your other scenes are fine then it could be a problem with a name. Backburner sometimes doesn't like names with non alphanumeric characters. For example, we had a scene here that wouldn't render with backburner because one of the camera names had an apostrophe in it.
    Dan Brew

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBrew View Post
      If all your other scenes are fine then it could be a problem with a name.
      I've usually got all sorts of &'s and apostrophes, but this ones simply called 'arrival'

Comment

Are you writing to a multi-channel .exr file from the V-Ray VFB, or just the regular 3ds Max VFB or split channels option?

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Regular max fb, single channel .exr & saving through the render elements tab.

Comment

Ok then I don't know :/ You could try checking out the file names for the render elements, just in case.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

"prefixstuff_arrival_02_VRaynormals.exr" is the one that failed, the others are similarly named :/

I'll use the vfb next time, see if that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
              X