Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray and hanging shaded viewport?

Hi there,

Since i'm using vray (-n at the moment) I get hanging max with shaded viewports. I was wondering if it has to do with the vray-materials in active mat. editor (reflect/glossy) or being it using the Ati radeon 9600 pro graphics card?

Anybody having the same bug (with other cards)?

Thanks...

What does a "hanging" viewport look like? Or do you mean Max crashes completely? Can you describe it in more detail? No picture (black, white, grey), or picture doesn´t update on scene change?

Currently I use Vray latest n-build on Max6 with my good old trusted GForce 2MX, and I don´t have any trouble so far.
    I keep hearing bad things about the ATI drivers under 3dMax (as long as you don´t have a professional ATI FireGl card). You could try to convert your Radeon into a FireGL compliant card by using the RivaTuner utility (at your own risk, no guarantee it´ll work or if your particular model is spupported).
    Do a google search on Riva Tuner.

Stefan
    Stefan Kubicek
    www.keyvis.at

Comment

I got it!

After a day's hard work looking for the problem I found it had to do with the running Norton Antivirus 'Autoprotect'-function. Regenerating a wireframe viewport to shaded max freezes, but after disabling the anti-virus it works fine.
      I guess i wouldn't be the first (and last) with this problem.....

Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
      X