Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

script to constrain transform to xy plane (not cycle through all planes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• script to constrain transform to xy plane (not cycle through all planes)

I use hotkey shortcuts to constrain transforms to different axes. Max is well set up to contrain to the x, y and z axes, but when it come to planes it's not possible to set up a hot key just for the xy plane, instead it cycles through all three planes, and so it is easy to accidentally end up constraining to the wrong plane (say yz or zx) and then need to cycle through them again to get back to xy (this is really the only plane constraint I ever need). Does anyone know of a script that will allow a shortcut just for xy?

If you right-click the toolbar at the top of your window (the one that starts with the chain-link buttons) a list should appear. select the axis constraints panel. It's not a hotkey but at least you can visually see which axis you're constrained to. This might be a quick fix...
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Unzip this then drag and drop the .mcr file into a Max viewport.
      Plane Constraints.zip
      Then go to 'keyboard' tab in 'customize user interface' and you should find 3 extra tools, 'Transform Gizmo XY Constraint', 'Transform Gizmo XZ Constraint' and 'Transform Gizmo YZ Constraint'.
      Dan Brew

Comment

Daniel Brew, you sir are a savior. thank you!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X