Anyone using Nitrous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Nitrous?

We seem to have all sorts of viewport related issues when using Nitrous as a display drivers. Switching down to Direct3D seems to solve most of the problems, but it doesn't offer the same potential that Nitrous promises.

We are using GTX480 cards with older drivers (270.61 as recommended by our reseller, and certified by Autodesk). There are much newer drivers available - I may try and install one of these instead.

Bloody pain in the ass. Why don't things just work?!?
    Kind Regards,
    Richard Birket
    ----------------------------------->
    http://www.blinkimage.com

----------------------------------->

Yep, it's caused a tonne of render slow downs and modifiers to react badly - skin wrap and turbosmooth broke down a huge amount for me under nitrous and the Thinkbox frost plugin was incredibly slow in the viewports!

Comment

If u have problem set ur viewport to shaded and shaded without textures for materials that will solve it.

From other hand Nitrous is quite epic I was doing study of it the other day and irendered pretty nice animation with it - will post it later. Also the IBL is good and real time reflections kicks in sweet...

Its worth using it for quick previews - better than GPU rendering in certain moments...
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

Working...
      X