Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics resume

got it thanx
    Last edited by EricCamper; 11-06-2012, 05:56 AM.
    Eric Camper
    Studio 3D
    www.dbfinc.com/studio3d

what kind of job is it? I'm not resumes work. I have hired before, and they all look the same, and are old school. I think you need one, just because, but you'll need to sell yourself at the interview.

about 15 years ago I did a resume all in AutoCAD. I wanted to make a point that I new the program, and it worked. I was told the resume stood out, among the rest, and it landed me an interview.

Originally posted by EricCamper View Post
    May have an opportunity to move on to big and better things... Anyone have a nice resume sample they like...

I mean I get it... list my jobs, the programs I know, etc... but isnt that kinda boring... just looking for some enlightenment

thanx
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Also it might be wise to do a bit of research into the company. See can you get in touch with anyone there and find out any problems there are in the way they work or what they want to do, then when you turn up for the interview present a way of solving them or moving things forward.

Comment

Do a video resume, rendered in VRay .

From the rule that I follow the resume can and maybe should be boring. Your portfolio should get you the job, not your resume. Not to say your resume can't be interesting, but I have mine on my site and it's rather boring .
        Last edited by MoonDoggie; 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM.
        Colin Senner

Comment

elegant typography - give a thought to the font (serif fonts are easier to read but need to be handled carefully as they may look old fashioned),
          you could try body text in 10 or 11pt serif and sub headings in 14pt bold sans - as a start anyway..
          be careful on font size, plenty of line spacing please - and spelling is very importnat!
          (as you can see by my typo)
          (and Bobby's!!)

Comment

If you go for good layout and typography, perfect and will help the overall impression of course. If you'll send me a piece of art that's not going to help in 99% of the cases. We request the resume to get specific information, so "overdesigning" the resume is obscuring what i am after when reading a resume. As said before, sell yourself with the portfolio, your website, your reel.

Regards,
            Thorsten

Comment

Working...
            X