Prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prometheus

I saw Prometheus the other night. Am I the only one who was reminded of this?
    - Geoff

Yes, I think you are the only one.
    I saw the movie twice and I really like it.
    :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

I watched it twice as well, but I found the plot very confusing and illogical; apparently there are things you need to know in order to understand what happens, and they are not mentioned anywhere in the movie...

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I really want to see this movie but I can't !!! Because of DAMN EURO 2012 !!! The movie will be in cinemas in Poland at 20th of JULY!!! Why ?! Because distributor were afraid that because everyone will be watching football no one will go to the cinemas !!! I'm really pissed ! I even watched all Aliens before release date to be prepared for it
        Luke Szeflinski
        :: www.lukx.com cgi

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          ... apparently there are things you need to know in order to understand what happens, and they are not mentioned anywhere in the movie...

Best regards,
          Vlado
          You're right. So there are many analysis about this movie in many communities. I read many reviews and analysis before second watching.

Damn Euro 2012? haha. Hey Luke, isn't Poland a host country?
          :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

Yes it is and this is why !
            Luke Szeflinski

Comment

!spoilers! But I think this guy is spot on. Not that I didn't enjoy the film, but it won't ever be considered a classic.

http://www.gavinrothery.com/my-blog/...rometheus.html
              Simon

.... . .-.. .--. .-.-.- .--. .-.. . .- ... . ... . -. -.. -.-. .... --- -.-. --- .-.. .- - .
              I need a new signature
              --
              Max2017.1 | Vray 3.70.01| win11
              ASUS Z790PLUS | i9 13900K | 64Gb RAM | Geforce GTX4070Ti

Comment

That rant was brilliant, Simon. Thanks for posting.
                - Geoff

Comment

I liked the movie but I had to think myself into an interpretation that worked so I had to make assumptions.

1. none of this will make sense till the sequel which was planned.
                  2. there are 3 black liquids - 1 makes life which was used for creating all life on earth which was created as a base for the alien army that was going to be created when the black goo inside the canister was sent to earth - it didn't get sent because the 3rd black goo killed everyone by making them evil. The black substance inside the canisters creates an octopod creature which then implants an alien inside the host which merges with the DNA of the host to create the Xenomporphs from the original series. This alien would be different with each host creature that it comes in contact with.
                  3. this was not the same planet as the original planet from the first alien (I had assumed it was before I saw the movie).
                  4. the engineer from the first scene may not be on the same side as the engineers seen on the alien planet.
                  5. earth may just be a breeding ground for aliens.

No idea if this checks out with the story just how I came to think about the movie.
                  Last edited by Sawyer; 14-06-2012, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Here's an interesting article that has a lot of detail about the SSS methods Weta is using now:
                    http://www.fxguide.com/featured/prom...wed-vfx-space/
                    - Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by lukx View Post
                      I really want to see this movie but I can't !!! Because of DAMN EURO 2012 !!! The movie will be in cinemas in Poland at 20th of JULY!!! Why ?! Because distributor were afraid that because everyone will be watching football no one will go to the cinemas !!! I'm really pissed ! I even watched all Aliens before release date to be prepared for it
                      In Italy we have to wait october !!!
                      paolo vaja
                      www.3d-arch.it

Comment

Originally posted by paolo242 View Post
                        In Italy we have to wait october !!!
                        WOW !!! Crazy !
                        Luke Szeflinski

Comment

Australia has become a testing region for marketing so we sometimes get movies before even the US now. How times have changed...
                          James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
                          Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Originally posted by Pixelcon View Post
                            Australia has become a testing region for marketing so we sometimes get movies before even the US now. How times have changed...
                            Sometimes but not always
                            Chris Jackson
                            Shiftmedia
                            www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

This is ridiculous. I don't get it why they are doing it. It's like begging people to download it for free.
                              Marc Lorenz
                              ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                              www.marclorenz.com
                              www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Working...
                              X