• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodesk?

http://gfxspeak.com/2012/06/14/autod...ces-in-august/
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

Yesterday, I got a call from my re-seller, and he mentioned this. How do you feel about the price increase?
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

I would like to think they have enough money

But on a serious note, everything is going up, so why not also the tools we use I guess. And so will we put up our rates to keep with the times? Or will we DROP our rates to ensure we still have work tomorrow? Tough times. I don't see dropping our rates as a good idea. Rather use your tools more effectively so you can get more done in the same time.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

Well, how else can they give six week paid sabbatical every four continuous years of full-time U.S. Autodesk employment?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

So I think max 2013 is my last version.
          :: twitter :: Portfolio :: My 3D Products :: ...and ::

Comment

we are under subscription. 3DS MAX Design 2013 is stable for me, but I'm not sure if it's worth the subscription this year. Autodesk's QTO didn't have any changes, yet it's under subscription to, which makes absolutely no sense.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

But we got the new button to the lower left of the screen that lets you easily change layouts of your viewport. Worth it.
              Colin Senner

Comment

wish autode$k would take note of what adobe is doing with their creative cloud subscription. It looks like really good value for money.
                www.peterguthrie.net
                www.peterguthrie.net/blog/
                www.pg-skies.net/

Comment

Originally posted by peterguthrie View Post
                  wish autode$k would take note of what adobe is doing with their creative cloud subscription. It looks like really good value for money.
                  Agreed, 100%

Comment

Yeah, it's ridiculous that you have to pay $$$$ and then still be pushed to pay subscription for it with ridiculous incremental updates. Adobe at least actually improve (some of) their apps, not just adding 1 button somewhere.
                    The Adobe creative cloud thing is nice because it just seems kind of fair.
                    Marc Lorenz
                    ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
                    www.marclorenz.com
                    www.facebook.com/marclorenzvisualization

Comment

Originally posted by plastic_ View Post
                      Yeah, it's ridiculous that you have to pay $$$$ and then still be pushed to pay subscription for it with ridiculous incremental updates. Adobe at least actually improve (some of) their apps, not just adding 1 button somewhere.
                      The Adobe creative cloud thing is nice because it just seems kind of fair.
                      Why? Because they list the price monthly ?

Quick sample:

1 Year of Adobe Cloud subscription: 720 Euros
                      Update for the Adobe Master Collection (which is the biggest non cloud set. Misses only Muse and Edge Preview): 684€

So the subscription is more expensive than a single upgrade. If you only use parts of the apps (e.g. Production Premium for everything postpro: 505Euros) the difference is way bigger. It is cheaper for the first year...and the more loyal you are as a customer the more you get ripped off heh. In addition i am not really with the "at least they update". They add, and add and add stuff to the edges...but 32bit support is still WAY sub-par, EXR support is flaky at best (used to be plain unusable and wrong for quite a long time), results are still pretty unpredictable color wise due to calculating in odd color spaces etc etc etc etc.

I am aware that it is cheaper upfront due to the initial price of the bundles. But i also get more of them as in beeing able to use them for the rest of my life...because i bought them vs. rent them.

In addition you still don't even get floating licenses. And on the forums you are adviced that if you plan to switch machines often you should "get another licenses" because there still is no activation management system whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong. I am not fond of autodesk's licensing policy, nor of the price raise...but i don't see how Adobe's is any better unless you need short-term licenses (e.g. for freelancers). Tho i dunno about renting Max licenses. Might be possible even.

Regards,
                      Thorsten
                      Last edited by instinct; 16-06-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X