Backburner problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backburner problems

We've just upgraded to 2013 and are having our usual headaches with getting Backburner to work.

When we install the version that comes with 2013 the manager crashes as soon as you run it (on all of our machines) we've attempted to 'roll back' to the version that comes with 2011 but it doesn't show any of the servers.

I've scoured the web but not found anything that works (yet), I've also asked for help through the official channels but I was wondering if any of you guys have had similar problems and if so how you managed to fix it?

All machines are running Windows 7 64.

Thanks in advance!
    MDI Digital
    moonjam

hm, you can try downloading 2012.1 manager from autodesk, this works with 2013 servers

and yes, we've had many backburner issues with 2013, if it freezes after submission you can actually let windows try to restore the program and max is back, or even better, get rpmanager
    Last edited by kimgar; 04-07-2012, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I had problems wit 2012, I went back to 2008, now I'm on 2013 - works like dream so far... well see for how long hehe :]
      CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Comment

I had the same issue with the 2013 manager.
        The way to fix the crash is to make sure your "manager" computer has everything to do with IPv6 turned off.

Use this microsoft help -
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852#fixit4me
        Chris Jackson
        Shiftmedia
        www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Originally posted by jacksc02 View Post
          I had the same issue with the 2013 manager.
          The way to fix the crash is to make sure your "manager" computer has everything to do with IPv6 turned off.

Use this microsoft help -
          http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852#fixit4me
          Chris - you are a hero! That's fixed it.

Thank you!
          MDI Digital
          moonjam

Comment

Spoke slightly too soon... We've now having problems with the automatic search for the manager. Manually inputting the IP works fine, but still frustrating to not know why this isn't working.
            MDI Digital
            moonjam

Comment

Working...
            X