Data Recovery Service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Recovery Service?

I've recently had a hard drive that's caused quite a few files to become corrupt. It’s been a while since I've backed up this drive so I'm in a little bit of a pickle.

Can anyone recommend a good data recovery service and/or maybe software to locate all of the corrupt files?

Thanks in advance,
    --Jon

Hey J_bug,

Ive used this software on many occasions and managed to recover from formats/fdisk/deletion....

http://www.ontrack.com/easyrecoveryprofessional/

seems to work good.

-dave
    Cheers,
    -dave
    ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

Thanks much Syclone , It's much easier to start something like this from a recommendation. I've contacted them, and they seem very thutough, but I may be able to save enough that I can write the rest off as if it never existed And just start new

Thanks again for your help,
      --Jon

Comment

there is a pdf on the net "100 ways to revive a dead harddrive".
        it has some esoteric suggestions, like putting your drive in the freezer,
        and some simple ones like slamming it on a table a few times.

this sounds strange but actually it worked for me with one of my drives.
        i couldnt revive another drive, even exchanged the electronic components, but no luck.

theres nothing more unnerving than the feeling that you lost data but dont know exactly what is was.

Comment

I once worked for a used computer store and our head tech hit one with a hammer and got a bit of data from it.

Fortunately mine isn't completely gone So far I've retrieved at least a copy of some of the data that's on it.

I'm going to look for that doc just for laughs though . "I can see clearly now the rain has gone"

Thanks,
          --Jon

Comment

restorer2000pro is what ive used in that past and its cheap

---------------------------------------------------
            MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
            stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

heh I couldnt find the 100 ways page but I did find a pdf of 200 ways to revive your HD http://www.hddrecovery.com.au/downloads/200ways.pdf

-dave
              Cheers,
              -dave
              ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 1950X ■ ASUS ROG STRIX X399-E - 2990WX ■ ASUS PRIME X399 - 2990WX ■ GIGABYTE AORUS X399 - 2990WX ■ ASUS Maximus Extreme XI with i9-9900k ■

Comment

syclone!!! thats the one i had lost, thank you a 100, no 200 times!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gl0w
                  syclone!!! thats the one i had lost, thank you a 100, no 200 times!!!!
                  LOL no problem

-dave
                  Cheers,
                  -dave

Comment

Hey Elf, I think I'll look into it. THe other company hasn't contacted me back yet

I've recovered a portion of it on my own but there is still much more I'd like to have. Thanks for the suggestion.

--Jon

Comment

Working...
                    X