Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting payment methods from international clients

Hi all

In the past I've use SWIFT transfer, but this takes about a week and also it's very inconvenient for clients. Something you can do online is far more acceptable. Paypal seems like a good answer. Locally we have a bunch of hoops to jump through so it takes very long even for Paypal. You have to transfer the funds from Paypal into a local bank accunt within 30 days. The transfer takes 6 days. Besides Paypal charging me 3.9% plus 30c for a transaction, the local bank charge me an additional 1.25% on top of that. At least when a client pays me, I know I "have" the cash, even though I still have to wait another 6 days so the 6 days doesnt bother me that much.

I was just wondering what other "online" methods are available to get paid from international clients? There's Western Union, but I don't know if that's online and if clients will still physically have to go somewhere (in which case it's not an option)

I need the most convenient method for clients to pay me, that won't cost me half the invoice. It seems the best method is paypal. Is this correct?
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

depends what country your client is in..
    in the UK I have used both HiFX and Tranzfers to pay into foreign accounts - good conversion rates and minimal fees
    - but no idea if they can go 'your client country' > SA

Comment

Can HiFX and Tranzfers go from UK to SA?

Will be good to hear what other people use from other countries.
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

why not PayPal?
        Bobby Parker
        www.bobby-parker.com
        e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
        phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
        • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
        • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
        • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
        • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Yes I'm going to use Paypal is it seems more "universal". Was just wondering what else is available.
          Kind Regards,
          Morne

Comment

Google Wallet also works well. I use Freshbooks, which has several payment options for on-line payments.
            Bobby Parker
            www.bobby-parker.com
            e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
            phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
            • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
            • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
            • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
            • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Working...
            X