Help my "J" key is wearing out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help my "J" key is wearing out!

So, it seems than no matter what I have set for options in max, I am always pressing "j" to turn of selection brackets.
    I.E. I am in shaded or realistic viewport with an object selected and turned off the selection brackets. If I use F3 to toggle to wireframe, and back to shaded, the brackets turn themselves back on!
    How can I stop this behavior?! It has been driving my up the walls since switching from 2011 to 2012...
    Thanks in advance

yeah it seems the property is per-object now as opposed to being a scene-wide setting. That killed me until i worked out how to turn them off.

If you go into viewport config settings and turn off selection brackets there, it seems to stop them showing up scene wide. Hope that works...
    James Burrell www.objektiv-j.com
    Visit my Patreon patreon.com/JamesBurrell

Comment

Thanks for the reply Pixelcon! I'll try that method and hope it settles it...

Comment

Thanks again, that was the answer.

Comment

With nitrous drivers and max 2012 i'm experiencing the same annoying thing. It seems to reset every time i switch from wireframe to shaded mode, or maximize a viewport or breathe. Yeah, i think my . key does not work
          Dusan Bosnjak
          http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

Working...
          X