U3D, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U3D, anyone?

Does anyone here have experience with U3D format?

I've found I can successfully get U3D files into an Acrobat doc by exporting to OBJ from Max, importing into Photoshop, and right-clicking the 3D layer to export to U3D.

But this exports the whole scene as one object. Every example I've seen on the web has a whole tree of objects that you can select and turn off and on, etc., but I can't seem to find any info on the web on how to make models like that without buying some super expensive CAD software. And other info, like how to program interactivity into the models is oddly elusive as well.

Has anyone else here had to learn about this stuff and can offer some advice?

Thanks!
    - Geoff

I thought they dropped that technology. I did it a couple times, but I don't recall the outcome. I think, if my memory is correct, I had access to all the layers.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

From what I can tell it's the only format you can use to put 3D models in a PDF file. I just found something that could be a huge help called Simlab Plugin for 3DS Max. I downloaded and installed the demo and it's gotten me pretty far. Still don't have a clue on interactivity yet though.
      - Geoff

Comment

Working...
      X