annoying preview problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying preview problem

So a couple of times I've gotten this "no preview file" error when trying to do a viewport preview. its pissed me off and i tried everything... or thought i did. finally realized it happens when i forget media player open in the background. this is where i feel stupid. Just thought I'd share

---------------------------------------------------
    MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
    stupid questions the forum can answer.

Oi! I think I might have actually fallen for that trap myself a few times! This explains a lot! Hahaha!

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Hey Elf! I wrote a script to batch render OpenGL previews, and it's about the most time-saving thing ever. It's called OpenGL previews here on my site:

Here's the announce post. Just figured I'd post it in case you didn't see it.

Ps. same problem happens to me everytime. (The script uses your current OpenGL Rendering settings (like highlights/textures/shaded, etc).

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ghlight=opengl
      Colin Senner

Comment

isnt that that same thing as 2012 preview in realistic mode?

---------------------------------------------------
        MSN addresses are not for newbies or warez users to contact the pros and bug them with
        stupid questions the forum can answer.

Comment

No, let's say you have like 20 cameras that you need OpenGL previews of, it's a script that automatically generates a preview of each of the cameras and saves it for you (auto-detecting the keyframes for you). Can you do this in Max 2012?
          Colin Senner

Comment

Working...
          X