Civil Plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Plan

So, I have one of these crazy civil plans, which I have always questioned their integrity, anyway. I think I can use points, which are just "+" with a number next to them, but I am not sure how. I remember using a tin file, which is points (I think), but I don't think it was in MAX. The Autocad file has contours, but they are flat, and they don't have an elevation associated to it. Does anybody have a clue?

Here is the Autocad
    Last edited by glorybound; 06-09-2012, 07:05 AM.
    Bobby Parker
    www.bobby-parker.com
    e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
    phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
    • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
    • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
    • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
    • ​Windows 11 Pro

It's a consistent 10(m/ft?) slope from one corner to the other, it doesnt need to be that accurate. Drop a couple objects in max over the points, enter the heights manually and then edge extrude a new surface over the general shape they follow.

Comment

I guess, after looking at it closer, it does basically drop 14' from one corner to the other.
      Bobby Parker
      www.bobby-parker.com
      e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
      phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
      • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
      • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
      • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
      • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Bobby,
        If it is a big site, request the earthwork model in acad format or dxf. It will be the 3d info you need. I lieu of that, simply raising the contours to their correct elevation is an option. If you have 3d points, include them in the model you make with the terrain tool. beware that max's terrain tool randomly skips over 3d info in inopportune places.
        mh

Comment

Working...
        X