Bibika3d car models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bibika3d car models?

Has anyone purchased car models from Bibika3d? They have a deal for two volumes or 740 vehicles for $850 USD. That would be about $1.15 per model. Seems like a pretty good deal, but I wonder about the model quality. The grayscale and rendered images look good, but who knows how the materials and meshes are organized. I wish they hade at least one sample file to evaluate.

http://bibika3d.com/order/

I'd like to know also.

They've got some car models in their collection that I haven't seen elsewhere.

Comment

looks like a scam to me
      Martin
      http://www.pixelbox.cz

Comment

Hmm... indeed... not so sure about this one either...
        If it seems to be too good to be true, it usually is.

But since they/he rendered with VRay (as stated on the ABOUT US page) they/he must a Chaos Group customer and should be able to respond here! Right?

Comment

I have been in contact with the guy selling the models and he sent me one of the cars as a sample and the quality is top notch.
          Chris Jackson
          Shiftmedia
          www.shiftmedia.sydney

Comment

Some wireframe has been posted at http://www.maxunderground.com/archiv....html#comments looks quite fishy to me, as i write on the site it looks like the mesh it created with a retopology tool.
            www.suurland.com
            www.cg-source.com
            www.hdri-locations.com

Comment

the cars list in forza has for the most part the same year/variation (but way way more). I don't know enough about how famous some cars are to know if there really was only one option to go with or what.
              Like, not just the 1992 alfa romeo 155, but the q4 version specifically - which was a bit faster for doing racing. Now I get why that exists in forza, but why do we need the 2L version in a 3d model pack? Why the distinction?

Might be worth figuring out how to extract the models from the game and comparing the mesh.

Here's the car list from forza - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Car...turerList.aspx

Jacks, can you post a screenshot of the mesh you have and which model it is, assuming it's less dense than the ones posted to the other site? If they're all collapsed, no mind. I want to see if they match, I found a pack with the forza models in.
              Last edited by Neilg; 20-09-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

the domain is new and only registered for one year.

Creation Date: 03-Aug-2012 Expiration Date: 03-Aug-2013http://www.networksolutions.com/whoi...h/bibika3d.com
                Bobby Parker
                www.bobby-parker.com
                e-mail: info@bobby-parker.com
                phone: 2188206812

My current hardware setup:
                • Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                • 128gb Vengeance RGB Pro RAM
                • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090
                • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

This is my comment on Maxunderground:
                  -----------

I contacted Bibika3d and asked about sample files and was sent a model to evaluate. It was a pretty nice model. Good quads. Model separated into logical parts. Instanced turbo smooth modifier applied to most of the model. The wire render above looks like it has maybe 2 or 3 subd levels. The base mesh could be used for cars in the distance for arch viz projects. Mostly single materials, only a few multi/sub-object materials. The model with Vray materials did have quite a few standard materials, but I’d be swapping the materials with my library of automotive materials anyway. There website does seem odd in that a payment portal isn’t built in. I also would like to just download the files instead of shipping physical DVDs. Although 740 models would be a lot of data to download.

----------

Comment

well, he did two things that Google sees as spam. Only registered his domain for one year, and he has his contact information hidden. He might me legit, I don't know, but he should change both of the above mentions.
                    Bobby Parker
                    www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                    • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Anyone got a copy of forza lying around?
                      http://codeescape.com/2012/05/forza-...traction-tool/
                      edit: Andrakann's post goes over some ways to use it.
                      Last edited by Neilg; 20-09-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Well, don't want to add to the confusion but I will anyway

I found this: http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_d...product=626979

Look at the background of the render of that model. Exactly the same one as used in SOME of the renders over at bibika3d... also posted under another username "nikufol". So what does that mean? That nikufol user has only three models in his list... so did he steal that model from bibika3d? Or the other way around? Or did they both steal the model(s). Are they the same person?

Seeing how bibika3d has many different rendering styles to me doesn't really seem trustworthy. If you're doing promotional renders of your models, especially THAT much, than you'd usually stick with some type of house style which people would recognize.

Also, looking at some of the models, they are most definitely not all high quality! So that's another red flag.

@Cubiclegangster: even the pirates themselves seem to agree with you on (at least some of) these being ripped from Forza I did a quick Google search with some images from the bibika3d website and the keyword "bibika3d", see here: http://forum.gfxdomain.com/cgi-news/...html#post28672

And another red flag to me is the fact he is not promoting his car model packs ANYWHERE on the respectable CG websites! Why not??

There is also NO user in this forum with the name bibika3d or anything similar. Why not? Wouldn't you want your username to reflect the business you're running? If you're a VRay user, wouldn't you want to promote your high quality VRay oriented models on this forum visited by MANY professionals by posting about them?

Personally, I wouldn't trust this guy with my credit card details... or any other payment information or my money for that matter! As far as I'm concerned at this point, unless proven otherwise, those models are ALL stolen! It wouldn't be the first (and won't be the last) website that tries to make money from warez by luring in unsuspecting third parties.

Comment

but, that's a large dollar amount for pirated stuff. I mean, if it was pirated, then you would think, it would be a lot cheaper.
                          Bobby Parker
                          www.bobby-parker.com

• Ryzen 9 5900x CPU
                          • ​Windows 11 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by glorybound View Post
                            but, that's a large dollar amount for pirated stuff. I mean, if it was pirated, then you would think, it would be a lot cheaper.
                            For the number of cars he's selling, it's incredibly cheap. If it wasnt so cheap, organised better and had more consistent renders I think he'd have got away with it for a lot longer.
                            I guess you've got to set a perceived value - enough to make people think it's a good deal without raising red flags.

Comment

Originally posted by cubiclegangster View Post
                              For the number of cars he's selling, it's incredibly cheap. If it wasnt so cheap, organised better and had more consistent renders I think he'd have got away with it for a lot longer.
                              I guess you've got to set a perceived value - enough to make people think it's a good deal without raising red flags.
                              Exactly my thoughts! Indeed!

Comment

Working...
                              X