mars animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mars animation

I do not know if anyone has seen this...........great stuff. It still blows me away that we can land a probe on another planet all by mathematical calculations and RC.

stuff.http://www.maasdigital.com/mervideo-large.html

Check this out too

http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~veenen...mars/mars.html

--Jon

Comment

Dan Maas told me it took him 2 months to model that rover (which has been used on almost every news website- including nvidia's and on tv) off of pictures and CAD drawings. It has about 300,000 polygons. Looks like he is a Lightwave user.
      LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
      HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
      Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jujubee
        Dan Maas told me it took him 2 months to model that rover (which has been used on almost every news website- including nvidia's and on tv) off of pictures and CAD drawings. It has about 300,000 polygons. Looks like he is a Lightwave user.
        From what I understand, it was done in LW and rendered using renderman. I was impressed with the rover model.

S.

Comment

It is great work. And I think he may have gone through the trouble of customizing some hdris for the renderings. I have all the orthogonic views Dan sent to me and noticed that the bottom gold plate was somewhat cheated with all the wiring (understandably so). But that's not really visible in any of the shots. I'm trying to model one of them myself and it is very detailed- alot of work- for accuracy's sake I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get it done under two weeks. The imager is crazy-loaded with gizmos as well as the PMA (camera assembly.) And the wheel assembly is a different story altogether...
          LunarStudio Architectural Renderings
          HDRSource HDR & sIBL Libraries
          Lunarlog - LunarStudio and HDRSource Blog

Comment

Working...
          X