Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you uvmap a sweep spline?

Hi all

I have a flat spline. I apply a sweep and select a profile. I tick "gen mapping coords". works nice in 70 percent of the places on the sweep. Other places it gets skewed and curved and goes all zi zag. Why?

Its a spline I'm sweeping to make a kerb/curb

But it does it with any spline and profile
    I'm on max 2013, but it did it with previous versions also.
    Kind Regards,
    Morne

I have always put in extra verts, particularly either side of a corner. It doesn' t totally solve the problem, but reduces it enough in most cases.
    chris
    www.arc-media.co.uk

Comment

the problems I'm getting is on a straight section
      it nicely goes around curves and corners, but on some straight sections it gets confused
      Kind Regards,
      Morne

Comment

It's probably because your corners are deforming it before it gets to the straight section. Can you post a screenshot?
        Dusan Bosnjak
        http://www.dusanbosnjak.com/

Comment

Yeah - check your splines, sometimes you might have a straight section, but it's actually got a bezier handle that's running along the same straight line which will affect how the sweep interpolates. Does the mesh of the sweep look evenly spaced?

Comment

its imported from cad
            straight as can be with vertices only at the ends on each straight section. Curved sections also only have vertices on the corners only. Even if I make ALL vertices corners, I still get same problem. Will try and post some screenshots or even a scene somewhere next week. Just busy with something else right now
            Kind Regards,
            Morne

Comment

You have the spline unwrap, in the unwrap tool.. works quite fine....
              Alain Blanchette
              www.pixistudio.com

Comment

Working...
              X