No announcement yet.

Any hints to the new features of vray ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hints to the new features of vray ?

Are we going to have to wait for the video feed at the end of November ?
    Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

The 20 - 30% speed optimization'd be a nice one for starters

Comment

Was that just plucked from your dream bin ?
      Regards

Steve

My Portfolio

Comment

Thankfully no! In a thread that was comparing Vray and Arnold, people commented that arnold felt faster at brute force raytracing. Vlado said that there were a lot of optimizations that could be done to the vray code and result in a 20 - 30% speed up. Can't remember the thread, think Morbid angel may have been involved? It'd definitely be on the maya board anyway.

Comment

I hope for a lot of improvements and features, development feels slow or hidden, I also hope for inclusion of PhoenixFD so that it can generate a solid userbase.

From 1.5 to 2.0 was not a big step since I don't use VrayRT. For visualisation I am also looking at pure raster solutions like UDK, Crytek, Lumion, Unity, ... in my situation customers wont see a lot of difference in look but will experience realtime benefits.

Comment

Most of the bigger changes are scheduled for V-Ray 3.0 next year and there won't be much information about it until we get close to the release; for the 2.4 service pack that's coming there are relatively minor things (HairFarm support, Alembic support, multithreading optimizations, VRayGLSL enhancements and other little things here and there; GPU enhancements like ColorCorrection map support, Mix map support, instancing when using V-Ray proxies, support for GK110 cards).

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X